The Traveler’s Compact Guide to Health, Illness, & Safety
What you'll learn
- Where to find the documents, visas, licenses and vaccinations required to travel internationally
- Common diseases in every continent and every country
- How to know which Food and Beverages are safe while traveling
- How to sterilize water
- When is it safe for children and pregnant women to travel
- How to PREVENT important illness: high altitude sickness, bites & stings from bugs, mosquitoes, snakes, ticks, and animals, hypothermia (cold weather injury), traveler’s diarrhea, diving & decompression illness, malaria, meningitis, heat related illness (e.g. heat stroke), influenzae, SARS, tuberculosis, and a multitude of different types of infections
- Indications, Dosing, Use in pregnancy & children, and Side Effects for commonly used medications
Who it's for
This book is for anyone who is traveling away from their home. It does not matter if you are traveling to a city within the United States, a developed country or town in Asia, Europe, & South America, or a developing 3rd world country or island. This book will provide helpful hints to help you prevent or begin treatment for common and serious medical problems that can arise during travel. Use this book to prepare for your trip, to help with health issues that take place during your trip, or to begin the process of caring for problems that arise after you return home.
Get Yours Now
The Traveler’s Compact Guide to Health, Illness, & Safety is available in different formats so please select your preferred format.
iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch$2.99
- Sold by: iTunes (titled "Travel Med")
- Purchase now »
- Sold by: Createspace
- Purchase now »
Book & App Reviews
This is a beautifully presented app that packs in a wide spectrum of worthwhile information on a broad range of travel medicine and international health issues. The content is expertly written and presented. The user interface is attractive and fun! An excellent quick and authoritative reference on the topic.- Viridissimo at itunes store
Rated 4+- MobiWorldapps.com
Our verdict: GOOD- iosnoops.com
This is a great application. Anyone who has been infected by a certain disease can easily look it up on the application on how he can treat it.- Alex P. at Medicalsmartphones.com
This is a great application that covers every type of serious and minor health risk in every country in the world. It tells you how to get ready for traveling anywhere and what to do if you get sick. There are links to web sites that describe risks in every country in the world.- Grant S.